Glossary of Terms, Acronyms and Definitions
The glossary is your key to decoding acronyms, terms and definitions throughout the site.
Special | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ALL
Financial and Business Management System - A functionality-driven SAP solution designed to incorporate the majority of the Department of Interior's financial management functions into one system, eliminating DOI and bureau-specific systems.
An “agency” as defined at 5 U.S.C. 551(1) and further clarified by 5 U.S.C. 552(f).
Federal Aid Information Management System (FAIMS)
An integrated computer based management system used to administer WSFR Program grants, which was decommissioned in 2012.
Federal Audit Clearinghouse (FAC)
The clearinghouse designated by OMB as the repository of record where non-Federal entities are required to transmit the information required by 2 CFR 200 subpart F.
Depending on the context, in either paragraph (1) or (2) of this definition:
(i) The Federal financial assistance that a recipient receives directly from a Federal awarding agency or indirectly from a pass-through entity, as described in § 200.101; or
(ii) The cost-reimbursement contract under the Federal Acquisition Regulations that a non-Federal entity receives directly from a Federal awarding agency or indirectly from a pass-through entity, as described in § 200.101.
(2) The instrument setting forth the terms and conditions. The instrument is the grant agreement, cooperative agreement, other agreement for assistance covered in paragraph (2) of the definition of Federal financial assistance in this section, or the cost-reimbursement contract awarded under the Federal Acquisition Regulations.
(3) Federal award does not include other contracts that a Federal agency uses to buy goods or services from a contractor or a contract to operate Federal Government owned, contractor operated facilities (GOCOs).
(4) See also definitions of Federal financial assistance, grant agreement, and cooperative agreement.
Federal Award Date
The date the Federal award is signed by the authorized official of the Federal awarding agency.
Federal Awarding Agency
The Federal agency that provides a Federal award directly to a non-Federal entity.
Federal Financial Assistance
(1) Assistance that non-Federal entities receive or administer in the form of:
(ii) Cooperative agreements;
(iii) Non-cash contributions or donations of property (including donated surplus property);
(iv) Direct appropriations;
(v) Food commodities; and
(vi) Other financial assistance (except assistance listed in paragraph (2) of this definition).
(2) For § 200.203 and subpart F of this part, Federal financial assistance also includes assistance that non-Federal entities receive or administer in the form of:
(ii) Loan Guarantees;
(iii) Interest subsidies; and
(3) For § 200.216, Federal financial assistance includes assistance that non-Federal entities receive or administer in the form of:
(ii) Cooperative agreements;
(iii) Loans; and
(iv) Loan Guarantees.
(4) Federal financial assistance does not include amounts received as reimbursement for services rendered to individuals as described in § 200.502(h).
For purposes of 200.330 or when used in connection with the acquisition or improvement of real property, equipment, or supplies under a Federal award, the dollar amount that is the product of the:
(1) The percentage of Federal participation in the total cost of the real property, equipment, or supplies; and
(2) Current fair market value of the property, improvements, or both, to the extent the costs of acquiring or improving the property were included as project costs.