TRACS Matrix Change Webinars 2022
The TRACS Memorandum of Understanding between the USFWS and AFWA lays out a protocol for communication between WSFR and the 56 States and Territories. The purpose of the protocol is to assure that all WSFR grantees have the opportunity for input into any significant changes to the data collected in the TRACS system.
Recently, the TRACS Working Group, comprised of State and Federal representatives from each of the nine FWS regions, is considering three changes to the TRACS Matrix (which establishes the grant performance data to be collected in the system). The changes under consideration are:
- The addition of Angler Education training events, instructors and students;
- The addition of Shooting Sports Education training events, instructors and students;
- The addition of State Wildlife Action Plan updates and revisions.
To meet the requirements of the MOU, the TRACS Working Group sponsored three webinars to present the specific proposed changes and request input from State and federal TRACS system users and stakeholders.
Participants are requested to forward comments to their WSFR Regional/HQ Branch or Grant Specialist. WSFR Folks, please request that your staff pass along any comments received from webinar participants and reviewers to email@example.com by COB Monday, October 10.
Webinar Recordings and Information:
- Angler Education – Friday, September 23, 1:00 – 2:00 pm EDT - no recording
- Shooting Sports Education – Wednesday, September 28, 1:00 – 2:00 pm EDT
- SWAP Planning – Wednesday, September 28, 2:00 – 3:00 pm EDT
In addition, the following sheet highlights the proposed Matrix changes that were presented on the webinars: TRACS Matrix Change Summary.docx
Please contact Tim Smith, TRACS Working Group Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.